Monday, November 9, 2009

my Christmas (most probably)


I know, Christmas is approaching. I've been seeing it in television because and in houses where some have already been decorated and I've been hearing Christmas songs being played in the air waves. Even the climate is telling me that Christmas is already approaching as the cool breeze of air touches my whole body as the night approaches. There is just one thing that bothers me. When I watched a variety show this lunch time, there was this contestant that was asked by the hosts what is Christmas for her. She answered, "Ung magkakasama kami ng pamilya ko," and the whole crowd and the hosts clapped as if agreeing to her, and it sadden me. Now that my two sisters have gone to Abu Dhabi to work, basing what the contestant said, will there be no Christmas for my parents and me? :|

This will be, for me, the saddest Christmas yet for my two sisters are not here to celebrate the happiest season with us. Whenever this idea passes through my mind, I can't help but cry, cry as if my eyes are the source of the water for the rain. We all became closer, I think, after a confrontation occurred between me and my oldest sister. I start to love them more after the amends on the conflict. The relationship among us siblings grew stronger as well as the family bond. I miss them so badly! The nagging of my sisters to me, the little favors I do for them, the laughs we share together, the whispering of gossips and, most especially, the time when we go to church every Sunday together. Damn! I so miss them! But there is nothing I can do as of now but to hold on to the memories we shared together. I pray for them, for their safety. I know that God's is always watching them. I hope that time will be much faster so that we can all be together, again so that we can celebrate Christmas together!

Christmas for me isn't just being with my family, friends, my partner, having gifts, or not having new clothes jeans, cell phone and other ephemeral things. It's celebrating it with a heart that's loving the reason of having Christmas, Jesus Christ. In Christ, I feel complete, His love fills my heart with happiness as I continue to worship Him with all of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel you. Ako naman, wala si Mama and though andiyan nga tita ansd cousins ko, we seldom celebrate Christmas. I mean, hindi sila yung tipong maghihintay ng hanggang 12 and right no you won't even see decorations outside our house!

akosiprince said...

pwede naman n ikaw n magsimula ng pagdedecorate for xmas, just for a change

actually, my parents are like that, too. Only my siblings and I are the only ones staying awake para hintayin ang Christmas. ung mga ate ko rin ung nagluluto ng mga food for the three of us. pero ngaung nsa ibang bansa sila, ako n lang mag-isa nag cecelebrate twing 12 mdnight.